Diabetes can lead to numerous complications, but with proper treatment, you can avoid these complications.
Even if you have already developed these complications, you can halt their progression and may even reverse them.
1. Heart disease
2. Poor circulation/amputation of legs
4. Tingling and numbness in feet and sometimes in hands,
technically known as peripheral neuropathy.
4. Autonomic neuropathy manifesting as bloating of the
stomach, constipation or diarrhea, slowing of heart or
rapid heart beat, incontinence of urine, impotence or
dizziness upon standing.
5. Eye disease
6. Kidney disease
7. Increased risk for infections
8. Increased risk for cancer
9. Increased risk for osteoporosis.
For more details, please refer to Dr. Zaidi's book, "Take Charge of Your Diabetes."
This article was written by Sarfraz Zaidi, MD, FACE. Dr. Zaidi specializes in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism.
Dr. Zaidi is a former assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCLA and Director of the Jamila Diabetes and Endocrine Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California.
Copyright © All rights reserved.